Welcome to the Global TESOL Certificate Program, the official website of the one and only ENERGIZERS Global TESOL/TEFL Certificate, delivered in London (UK), Warsaw (Poland), or 100% ONLINE taught by top faculty.
Let’s face it. Times are turbulent and tough these days. Massive change is hitting the world at a furious and escalating pace. Many professionals are competing for jobs in a shrinking market. How can you distinguish yourself? By earning your Global TESOL Certificate from ENERGIZERS, an international TESOL program that leads to a recognized qualification from one of the top TESOL centers of excellence in the world. In London (UK), Warsaw (Poland), or 100% ONLINE, we provide a flexible, stimulating and thriving environment so you can discover your passion for teaching English as well as the resources, adventures, and connections you need so you can land your dream job. Here's how we do it. Let's look through the quick facts of the program below that you need to know now.
QUICK FACTS: UNIQUE PROGRAM DESIGN AT A GLANCE
Unlike any other program in the area, the ENERGIZERS Global TESOL Certificate will equip you with the powerful skills and all-around knowledge needed to effectively teach English to speakers of other languages (=TESOL) anywhere in the world and will give you a firm base for self-evaluation and further professional growth, i.e. a lot more than just teaching foundations. To differentiate the formats ("on site" vs. "ONLINE"), for our 100% ONLINE program, we use the term TEFL (=Teaching English as a Foreign Language).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The ENERGIZERS Global TESOL Certificate is ideal for:
- those individuals with little or no previous experience of teaching English to speakers of other languages but with a strong feeling of suitability for a career as a teacher of English
- those individuals already teaching English with no formal qualification
- those individuals who have been teaching English for some longer time now (with/without formal qualification) but who want to update their knowledge of methodology and refresh their teaching skills ('booster shot' program)
- those individuals who want a career break or change, and want to start teaching & traveling the world by teaching English abroad
it is also recommended for schools
who wish to formalize their in-house teacher training programs
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (PRECONDITIONS)
Are you a fit for the Global TESOL Certificate?
- Minimum age: 18+ on entry to the course; no upper age limit
- Minimum education requirement: have a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into higher education
- Competence in spoken and written English appropriate to a teacher of English (whether English is your first, second or foreign language). You need to be able to teach English to speakers of other languages at a range of levels
- Goal: You want to build your skill-set and know-how, and increase your credibility and excel further in your career
- Personality: Like working in teams and building relationships
NOTE: Applicants are assessed for suitability for the program on the basis of: their application form, a personal essay where they are expected to write on their own learning experiences and their perceptions of foreign language teaching, and two references to support their application.
TYPES (THREE FORMATS SAME CERTIFICATE
The essentials you need, in a format you hope for (minimizing disruptions to your daily life, maximizing opportunities). There are two formats available in London, UK/Warsaw, Poland: Format A & Format B (see below); Both follow the same core curriculum, and both conclude with the same Certificate
valued globally. You can also take your Global TEFL Certificate 100% ONLINE now, and pay less!
Choose which format works best for you:
FORMAT A (Full-time): ACCELERATED (4 weeks nonstop, with Sunday breaks)
- A 4-week program = 100 hours of input instruction (daily input sessions are held from 10.00 a.m.-5 p.m., with 1 lunch break and 2 coffee breaks) + Supervised Teaching Practice (observation & teaching) + self-study (reading, doing 'take-home' written assignments, projectwork)
- Check 'TESOL Course Dates' for available course
FORMAT B (Part-time): WEEKEND (1 weekend a month for 1 semester)
FORMAT C (100% ONLINE):
- A 1-semester program (1 semester=5 months). Weekend classes are held once a month on Saturdays (1 p.m.-8 p.m., with 1 dinner break and 2 coffee breaks) and Sundays (9 a.m.-4 p.m., with 1 lunch break and 2 coffee breaks). Trainees in the Weekend format also complete 100 hours
of input instruction + Supervised Teaching Practice (observation &
teaching) + self-study (reading, doing 'take-home' written assignments,
projectwork) as part of the Global TESOL Certificate core
- Check 'TESOL Course Dates' for available course
- Check 'TESOL Course Dates' for available ONLINE courses
, RESEARCH & EVIDENCE-BASED, DESIGNED FOR SUCCESS
The methodical sequencing of the individual modules and module themes are designed to build on one another throughout the program to provide you with a powerful and unique learning experience. Since our faculty tutor a masterful mix of theory and application, you can start applying what you learn from day one.
All certificate themes and focus areas covered successfully:
- The successful foreign language learner & successful foreign language teacher
- Language learning & language awareness (Introduction
- Verbal vs. Nonverbal communication
- Language myths
- Unknown language tuition for teachers of English
- English Language Teaching (ELT)
- English Grammar & misunderstood language points
- International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
- Effective classroom management
- Positive psychology: Positive classroom dynamics, Positive behavior &
- Effective teaching techniques (How to teach: Speaking, Listening,
Reading, Writing, Pronunciation, Lexis, Structure, Grammar)
- Effective methodologies & Teaching models (e.g.
Communicative approach, Direct Method, Data-driven approach, Learning by doing, Lexical
Approach, Multiple Learning Intakes & Intelligences, Test-Teach-Test, Output-Feedback,
Project-Work, Silent Way, Task-Based Learning, Total Physical Response,
Consciousness-Raising, Cognitive Learning Theory, Action Learning, Simulation Theory)
- Alternative methodologies, and beyond methods
- Humanism, integration, inductive learning, reflection,
energy, creativity, humor, energizers, warm-ups, icebreakers, language games
- Learning strategies & cooperative learning
- Learner autonomy & independent learning
- Lesson planning, lesson sequencing & syllabus
- Language error correction & giving feedback
- Developing & adapting resources
- Authentic materials
- Coursebook evaluation and assessment
- Common Framework of Reference, testing, test programs, exam formats
- Learning mentoring (e.g. Emotional
intelligence, friendship, trust, self-esteem, stress, anger-management,
bullying, behavior change, transition, punctuality, school refusal, revision,
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
- Further TESOL professional development (Strategic job searches,
skills clinics, mock interviews)
ASSESSMENT INTERNALLY ASSESSED, INTERNALLY VERIFIED, EXTERNALLY MODERATED
AUTHENTIC, CONVENIENT, FRIENDLY, RELIABLE & VALID
Your performance is assessed throughout the course. Your course tutor is your internal assessor. Additionally, to maintain the highest standards of quality, ENERGIZERS appoints two more persons: an internal verifier responsible for ensuring fairness, reliability and validity of assessments, and an external course moderator, fully-qualified and accredited ELT expert, to independently authenticate trainees' portfolios and moderate grades awarded.
Portfolio components assessed and verified:
- Teaching skills and Lesson plans (Recommended 10 hours' supervised teaching practice with genuine classes; Recommended 10 hours' observation of experienced teachers teaching real learners)
- Language consciousness - 3 quizes or project (choice)
- Written assignments ('take-home'): Adult learning, language skills, selected methodology evaluation, authentic written homework correction, comparison and evaluation of two coursebooks, comparison and evaluation of two test programs
- Learner profile (Producing a linguistic profile of a single learner, needs analysis, reflections on one-to-one teaching and recommendations for the learner's language improvement)
- Resources adaptation and development (Adaptation and development of two pieces of teaching materials)
- The trainee's 'logbook' (Course record)
- Unknown language (Recommended 5 hours' tuition in an unknown foreign language - a 'course logbook' covering the trainee's reflective notes on learning an unknown language as an absolute beginner, his/her learning style and challenges)
- 50 multiple-choice question paper ('open-book') - you are evaluated on understanding rather than recall and memorization
To be awarded the ENERGIZERS Global TESOL Certificate you must pass every component - there are two grades: Pass, With Honors. So far, the overall pass rates have hit 95%, which speaks highly of both the trainees and the faculty.
Check 'Why TESOL Certificate' for why invest in the ENERGIZERS Global TESOL Certificate program.
FLEXIBLE ALTERNATIVES TO REGULAR ENERGIZERS GLOBAL TESOL CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
'TESOL+' (JOINT CERTIFICATES)
You can earn two certificates at the same time as you complete your Global TESOL Certificate, which is both a time & money-saver.
Unlike any other program in the area, we provide you with the opportunity to gain specific knowledge in an area that you would like to pursue in your post-TESOL career. We offer flexible, career-focused concentrations (streams & electives) in:
- Advanced Applied Linguistics (TESOL+LING)
- Teaching English for Business (TESOL+TEB)
- Teacher Training (TESOL+TT)
- Human Resource Development & Leadership (TESOL+HRD&LEAD)
- Strategic Management for School Development (TESOL+STRAT)
To request more information, contact us.